Monday, January 31, 2011

Basketball



I had a great weekend! On Friday night, Allan took me to my first professional basketball game. It was so much fun! First we went to Philippie's in LA which is this very popular french dip sandwich place. I have to say that it was just okay. I love french dips too. It would be better for lunch and is very family friendly, but not worth my date night. But then we hurried to make it to the Staples Center to see the Lakers and Sacramento tipoff. We had really good seats that Allan got for free (free is always good). The Lakers were down by about 20 points at one point and we cheered for them but they ended up losing by 5 points. Bummer, but I still loved it!

Then on Saturday, I had the opportunity to see another really exciting basketball game. This time it was my four year old, Benjamin's team. They call themselves Happy Feet. And boy those feet were happy. Benjamin was cracking me up. The boys are four to six year olds. Benjamin is one of the youngest and of course the shortest, but that didn't stop him. He was all over the court chasing after any kid with the ball (mostly the other team). He stole the ball away at least three times. He held his hands up high to block the ball. One time the ball bounced right to him. He stopped and paused probably thinking, "Now what do I do with the ball?" He tried to shoot the ball in the basket, but instead threw it right to the other team. Victoria and I shouted and cheered for him! Afterwards he said, "I didn't get a trophy." I smiled and said, "Benjamin, you get a trophy at the end of the season or after about six games." I'm still smiling. Watch him dribble, lose the ball, and then get the ball back on this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment