Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's the Thought That Counts

On Friday, Allan brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It wasn't my birthday, our anniversary or Valentine's Day, but just because he loves me. Ahhhh! How sweet! I can't help thinking about gifts he has given me over the years. Allan's love language is not gifts. When we were first dating, his sisters would help him pick out gifts for me (thanks Anna & Liz). Some birthdays were pretty good like when he drove to Big Bear and back and surprised me with this painting that I saw and wanted. Then there was the birthday when he gave me the matching drapes to our comforter. Umm..... I had him take those back. I know, I know, he tried. One year he bought me workout clothes. Honestly, I was pretty disappointed. I just wanted him to get me jewelry or other non-practical things. After being married for 14 years, Allan and I have learned to accept each others differences and I have learned that "It's the thought that counts." He loves me enough to buy me flowers, See's candy, candles, beautiful paintings, and even drapes or workout clothes. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life who loves me for who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment