Saturday, January 15, 2011

Why "There's No Place Like Home" ?

My kids have been telling me to do a blog since they see me read family, friends, and strangers blogs. The fun part was coming up with a name and seeing their reactions to some of my titles. I really like the movie the "Wizard of Oz"! I sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to all four of my kids when they were babies and sometimes I still entertain them with that song. The main reason I chose this title was because I love being home. I grew up in a loving, caring, and comfortable home. I knew I could always go home to my parents and no matter what I told them, they would still love me and help me through anything. Now as an adult I love the home that Allan and I have created for our family. At the end of a busy week the kids ask, "Do we have to go anywhere?" and "Can we just hang out at home?" There is just something about laying on your own couch and sleeping on your own bed. It's nice to be used to where everything is and the noises everthing makes. You're used to it and it feels comfortable. I hope that I will always have a home that Allan wants to come to at the end of a busy day. I look forward to the kids bringing over their spouses and their own children. So at the end of the day I click my ruby red slippers and say "There's No Place Like Home."

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I can't think of a better name for your blog than this! It perfectly describes you. Great job on your set-up, the site is beautiful. Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to future glimpses of the VERY entertaining Benefield clan! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job and nice set-up. Very excited to hear your future blogs! Love ya guys! Uncle Kevin

    ReplyDelete